Home  >  History


Mr Henry Cox, second son of William Cox who built the first road across the Blue Mountains, was the founder and built an ‘L’ shaped building.


James John Riley purchased Glenmore. The third occupant Riley added the south wing to Glenmore and maintained the homestead and gardens at a high standard. His family crest is still to be seen in the front of clubhouse. James Riley was the means of creating a Shire Council and became the first Mayor of Penrith in 1871.


In the early part of the 1900’s two of the Misses Riley conducted a School for Young Ladies; they were beloved gentlewomen, renowned for kindness and good works. In 1927, Glenmore Country Club was established with a golf course and other recreational activities such as horse-riding and swimming.


In May 1927 Glenmore opened its doors as a Golf Course and Country Club. It is second oldest metropolitan golf course in the west of Parramatta. The famous homestead and coach-house respectively used as clubhouse and pro shop are over 185 years old and is in very good condition.


The golf course underwent a complete redevelopment to current design and became a 27 hole golfing complex with a championship standard Links 18 holes. The Glenmore Country Club was renamed Glenmore Heritage Valley after the redevelopment.

more details....

To make a booking please call our golf professionals     more...

TEL: 02 4733 1230 Menu Option 1
E-mail: golf@glenmoregolf.com.au